Rugging up with the girls
Next up for Ashley Banjo is a group of rugby girls hoping to banish the 'butch' stereotype. Can the Diversity leader bring out their sassy, sexy sides?
Meet the rugby girls' with their Secret Street Crew blog. Part 1: Getting Going - The unveiling of Ashley and the routine.
1. How do you guys all know each other?
We all play rugby for Worthing Ladies Rugby Club.
2. Describe each other in just 3 words.
Alice – Strong, Organised, Confident
Pip – Loud, fun and caring
Zarina – Quite shy, but bouncy and quirky
Jess – Conscientious, bubbly and friendly
Joe – Focused, supportive, but sometimes very sarcastic!
3. What made you want to sign up for the show?
We wanted to set ourselves a challenge out of our comfort zone, show the public what a ladies rugby team is really like and throw any stereotypes out the window.
4. What song always gets you up and dancing at parties or on a night out?
LMFAO - “I’m sexy and I know it.”
5. What was the one thought that went through your mind when you realised it was our very own Ashley Banjo that would be tutoring you?
Very excited but at the same time - “this is going to be so embarrassing!”
6. Are any of you big Diversity fans?
Diversity who? Just joking, we all massive fans of Diversity!!
7. Once you’d seen the routine, how confident did you all feel on a scale of 1 to 10?
1?! It seemed like there was an awful lot to learn and it looked quite complicated!